- By:Monique Agius
Interested in any of the following international opportunities?
Get in touch with us !!
- This section gives both students and graduates the opportunity to apply for various traineeships offered by the European Union. By simply accessing the following link, one may find study visits, research programs, internships and much more, for different levels of education and fields of studies. Find out more about these offers through the link.
- "Schuman Traineeships in the European Parliament" - The goal of the Schuman traineeships is to contribute to EU citizens’ European education and vocational training and to provide an insight into the work of the European Parliament. By accessing this portal, youths will be given the opportunity to participate in traineeships across all Europe, all of which focus on different topics. Find out more about these offers through the link.
- "Bogliasco Fellowships Programme" - Fellowships are awarded, without regard to nationality, to qualified persons doing advanced creative work or scholarly research in the following disciplines: archaeology, architecture, classics, dance, film or video, history, landscape architecture, literature, music, philosophy, theatre, visual arts - In the Arts, the study centre welcomes persons doing both creative and scholarly work (such as art history, musicology, film criticism and so on). With respect to music and theatre, the centre does not have rehearsal studio space for persons wishing to work extensively in performance. However, since 2013, the Bogliasco Foundation has a brand-new, state-of-the-art 365 sq ft dance studio, including a sprung floor with marley surface, mirrors, portable barres, and audio-video projection and recording capabilities - Each year approximately 50 fellowships are awarded. Their duration of the residency at the Liguria Study Center is 30 to 34 days depending on the geographic origin of the fellow, his/her discipline, and various scheduling requirements of the Foundation - Applications are reviewed twice a year - During their stay at the Centre, fellows and accompanying spouses/companions are provided with accommodation and subsistence. Deadlines: 15 January 2018 for the fall-winter semester and 15 April 2018 for the Spring semester.
4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum - From 17 to 20 June 2019| Vilnius, Lithuania - The event will focus on “Critical thinking through media literacy and active participation” and will gather around 250 participants from youth and youth work representatives. Participants will have the opportunity to meet young people, youth workers and other stakeholders from various countries and share the experience with them as well as establishing contacts and networks for future projects and initiatives. Application Deadline : 5th April 2019.
'Skip the Stereotypes' - From 20 to 28 May 2019| Pakozd, Hungary - What is a smile and what is ? The aim of this project is to bring people from 7 different countries to participate in a long youth exchange. The representatives of the seven different nations will work and exchange together in breaking down stereotypes using . We believe that can help to break down walls, release stress and fears with the help of smile and laughter. But what is funny in different countries? Is international or it has limits? Can something be funny in one culture and insulting in ? This youth exchange will be about the search for answers to questions like this on and more. There will also be intercultural nights where each team will present their country’s food, drinks, dances, traditions, clothing and cultures.
"Non Formal Job Matching" - From 1 to 11 May 2019| Banská Štiavnica, Slovakia - of the training course is to equip youth workers in effective methodology which supports the young people in finding which
SALTO YOUTH OPPORTUNITIES
- National Tool Fair in FR language (Foire aux outils pédagogiques francophone), Paris 2019 (Seminar) - From 27 to 29 May 2019 | Paris, France - The French National Agency in cooperation with the SALTO EuroMed & Good Practices Resource Centre and with the support of the CNAJEP, the 4th Tool Fair in French language on 27-29 May 2019 in Paris. Deadline: 1 April 2019
- TOOL FAIR XIV – #know-how (Seminar) - From 4 to 8 November 2019 | Rovaniemi, Finland - Tool Fair is an international event that brings together youth work experts all over Europe and beyond to discuss and learn from each other about innovative methods and best practices from the field of youth work. Deadline: 1 April 2019
- The Thorvald Stoltenberg Seminar at Utøya (Training Course) - From 12 to 17 June 2019 | Utøya, Norway - International training course on intercultural dialogue for youth leaders at Utøya. Utøya is one of the sites of the terror attack in Norway 22 July 2011. Today it is a learning center for commemoration, learning and engagement. Deadline: 1 April 2019
- Tool Fair Poland (in Polish language) (Conference – Symposium - Forum) - From 7 to 9 May 2019 | Warsaw, Poland - Tool Fair Poland aims at creating space for discussion and exchange of practices for Polish-speaking youth workers and is thought to be a springboard to the international edition of Tool Fair which this year will be held in November in Rovaniemi, Finland. Deadline: 1 April 2019
- The 4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum (Conference – Symposium - Forum) - From 17 to 20 June 2019 | Vilnius Grand Resort hotel , Lithuania - This year we are celebrating 10th year anniversary of the Eastern Partnership. Lithuania will organise at that occasion the 4th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum. The event will focus on “Critical thinking through media literacy and active participation”. Deadline: 5 April 2019
- CreaTeamity: Employability Skills Through Portable Escape Quests - From 15 to 23 May 2019 | Vihi, Estonia - When looking at employability skills desired in the current job market, we see the importance of effective communication, teamwork, creative thinking and problem-solving is increasing. However, this set of skills is hardly trained in the traditional school scene. Soft skills require a challenging environment that gives an opportunity to assess oneself and own behavior and they are developed through real life work and often through gaming techniques and methods. Application deadline: 5th April
- Leader in Youth Exchanges - online training course (E-learning) - From 22 April to 31 May 2019 | Online, Romania - Leader in youth exchanges online course will give you the opportunity to take a closer look at youth exchanges and the human resources involved in organising them. You will arrive in a gamified world with e-books, tools, videos, 3D game and much more! Deadline: 6 April 2019
- Kambek (Training Course) - From 13 to 17 May 2019 | Czech Republic - Kambek brings together experienced beneficiaries and project managers of KA1 and KA3 to share best practices from their projects, reflect on the role of participation and learn innovative methods for dissemination of project results. Deadline: 7 April 2019
- A society for all, still a dream? Youth participation, E-participation, Intercultural dialogue and youth work (930) (Seminar) - From 6 to 11 May 2019 | Cagliari, Italy - The seminar aims at bringing together youth workers and youth leaders that are involved in projects of youth participation. Deadline: 7 April 2019
- "Project Lab for inclusive (NEET situation) projects" (Training Course) - From 5 To 9 June 2019 | Latvia - This is the right training course for you if you have a project idea within programmes Erasmus+: Youth in Action or European Solidarity Corps aiming to involve young people in NEET situation. Deadline: 15 April 2019
- THE POWER OF NON FORMAL EDUCATION 2019 (Training Course) - From 12 to 17 May 2019 | Azores Islands, Portugal - Improving the impact of Non Formal Education (NFE), principles and methods in creating empowerment opportunities for young people as real actors of the society (from local to Europe). Deadline: 17 April 2019
- Re-centering weekend for female youth workers (Seminar) - From 3 to 6 May 2019 | Kegums, Latvia - How can a woman in youth work stay connected to her center, creative energy, emotions and nature cycles? Re-centering weekend is a space of a sisterhood of female youth workers growing together and weaving a new pathway of non-formal education. Deadline 17 April 2019
- IC LAB - Intercultural Learning for Absolute Beginners (Training Course) - From 20 to 24 May 2019 | Oslo, Norway - A crash course on the concept of intercultural learning for youth workers with no previous experience in international youth work. Deadline: 10 April 2019
- Re-centering weekend for female youth workers - From 3rd to 6th May 2019 | Kegmus, Latvia - How can a woman in youth work stay connected to her center, creative energy, emotions and nature cycles? Re-centering weekend is a space of a sisterhood of female youth workers growing together and weaving a new pathway of non-formal education.Application deadline: 17th April
- Refugees+ (Training Course) - From 24 to 29 June 2019 | Brussels, Belgium - FL - Refugees+ aims to develop the capacity and competences of youth workers who work with young migrants, refugees and asylum seekers (YMRA) in order to foster the inclusion in local communities. The programme is built on non-formal education. Deadline: 19 April 2019
- Get Transnational Get Solidarity (Youth Initiatives, first step towards empowering youngsters to be actors of solidarity actions) (Training Course) - From 1 to 6 July 2019 | Cercedilla (Madrid), Spain - Get Transnational is a 5 days training course about preparing, running and evaluating quality European Youth Projects for young people within ERASMUS + Programme and the European Solidarity Corps. Deadline: 30 April 2019
- Connecting the Dots: Coaching for employability with Erasmus+ (Training Course) - 22 - 28 June 2019 | Mollina (Málaga), Spain - A 5-day learning activity to develop and improve employability and entrepreneurship competences of youth work practitioners by experiencing and experimenting with coaching tools and methods to be applied back at their organisations. Deadline: 6 May 2019
- CONNECTOR 5 (Training Course) - From 18 to 23 June 2019 | Cluj Napoca, Romania - In a nutshell: CONNECTOR is a space aiming to bring together professionals passionate about learning in a participative and interactive manner, with a focus on practical experience. The event is based on sharing, learning and testing. Deadline: 10 May 2019
- From Knowing to Being - ETS Training for Trainers (Training Course) - From 10 to 16 September 2019 | Yspertal, Austria - Are ready to live through and reflect on using and applying competence models with a specific focus on attitudes, values and inner readiness? Then we are looking forward to meet you in this training course! Deadline: 27 May 2019
- "Towards Collaborative Practice (TCP) Forum 2019 - Social Entrepreneurship for Local impact and Solidarity" (Seminar) - From 15 to 19 October 2019 | El Escorial (Madrid), Spain - “Towards Collaborative Practice” Forum: A cross-sectoral event exploring the potential of Youth Work and Erasmus+ to foster Social Entrepreneurship among young people. Deadline: 31 May 2019
- Developing Youth Workers' Competences in Finland (Study Visit) - From 29 September to 3 October 2019 | Virrat and Ilmajoki, Finland - The cross sectoral study visit both explores the curriculum and teaching of youth work in secondary level vocational institution in Finland and helps to understand how what is learned in the education can be put into practice in daily youth work. Deadline: 22 August 2019
OTHER YOUTH OPPORTUNITIES
One Young World Summit 2019 - From 22nd to 25th October 2019: London, UK: Since 2010, One Young World has worked to guarantee young people from all 196 countries in the world are represented at OYW Summits, regardless of their ability to pay. To ensure this, fully-funded scholarship places are awarded to outstanding young leaders with a range of backgrounds, skill sets and nationalities.This year, OYW has launched the flagship ‘Leading Scholarships’ which for the first time ever are open to every country in the world. If you are a young leader from one of these 6 regions, apply now:
1. Leading Europe
2. Leading Asia
3. Leading The Americas
4. Leading The Middle East
5. Leading Africa
6. Leading The Pacific
One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in these 6 regions
Deadline: 15th April 2019